The veins that carried blood back from our legs to the heart has one-way valves exemplified that function by allowing the blood to go upstream towards the heart but not downstream back to the foot.
f these valves fail, blood pools in the legs and can cause congestion and chronic venous insufficiency.
The symptoms of chronic venous insufficiency include
- Leg ulcers
- Swelling of the legs
- Hyper pigmentation or discoloration of the legs
- Chronic infection inflammation pain while walking
- Lower extremity varicosities
Causes of chronic intravenous insufficiency
- History of deep venous thrombosis in the legs which destroys the one-way valve history of pregnancy obesity prolonged standing
- Prolonged sitting with legs crossed
- Wearing tight undergarments or clothing
- Hormonal change family
- History injury to the veins
Treatments for chronic venous insufficiency
Treatment for chronic venous insufficiency include compression stockings and compression devices with intermittent pneumatic compression.
Patient’s also get symptomatic relief by elevation of the legs.
Proudly accepting patients in Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Burbank, Calabasas, Encino, Glendale, Hollywood, Los Angeles, Malibu, Pasadena, Studio City, Santa Clarita, Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Simi Valley, Tarzana, Thousand Oaks, Valencia, Venice, Woodland Hills and Nationally